Have you ever thought of doing the newspaper nails that are not backward? I have. So I decided to try out different methods of how not to get it backward.
You will need:
A clear nail polish not the top coat because it won’t work ( I already tried it)
Alcohol ( I use the 70% one)
Nail foil glue. You can find it online
And some newspaper that is cut into small pieces (make sure it’s big enough to cover the nails)
Light color polish to use as a base for the newspaper (white and cream work best)
1. First find a font/style of type on a newspaper you like. Cut small strips out of the news paper that are big enough to cover your nails. Shape and file your nails till they are just the way you like! Paint them with a base and 2 coats of the color. Let them dry completely.
2. Apply the clear nailpolish to wax paper and let it dry completely.
3. Pour the alcohol into the small cup and dip the small piece of the newspaper (one side only) into the alcohol. I tried dipping two sides and it was very hard to work on.
4. Quickly apply a piece of newspaper and firmly press it on your the polished area of the wax paper and gently pull the news paper off. The text from the paper should now stick to your clear polish. It might take a few tries to get this down, but once try you’ll get the hang of it.
5. Apply the nail glue to the nails that are already painted, let it dry. When the glue dry it shoulapplyd be clear and tacky. Take the wax paper over the nail and press it down, gently rolling the finger a bit so you can get to all the corners. Slowly peel off the wax paper from your nail, you might need to clean up the edges a bit.
Top it off with the top coat and voila! You’re done.
here is my portion of the collaboration with petrilude, xsparkage, piecesofrisa, myeyeshadowisodd and more (as i get the names in) you can find them here:
Dorothy: Leesha (xsparkage)
Wicked Witch: Josh (Petrilude)
Glinda: Risa (PiecesOfRisa)
Flying Monkeys (robinmosesnailart)
Tinman: Natasha (MyEyeshadowIsOdd)
this was such a great collaboration and i havent seen anyones looks yet
I work a lot. I also spend a lot of time editing, producing and deciding which nail goes where and why and how and when. I answer about 100 to sometimes 300 questions per day and a lot of them are the same questions. I lead them to my answers but I have Sil.
Sil is in the Netherlands. I have learned I love the Netherlands very much. I might retire to the Netherlands because the people are so nice there. Sil helps me. She always is kind. She is always helpful and she also does art on her nails and shows the board. She inspires others and she never is anything but beautiful, wonderful and such a help to me. Without her, I would be sad because she is like a spark of sun.
When my mom passed away 4 weeks ago tomorrow, I knew Sil would answer questions and help me and I never had to ask. That meant so much to me, to know I have friends like her. I have many many many girls who help but Sil helping me through one of the most difficult time without me asking really meant the world to me and I know she didn’t know that.
So, as a present, I sent Sil the Jenna Marbles nail and some other things. here is her Reply.
I just want the whole world to know what a lucky girl I am. I am helping Robin when possible overhere and last week I sent her some newspapers so she can try designs with other papers. As a thank you she sent me the Jenna Marbles nails and WOOOOOWW what a wonderful nail. Its just amazing. I know I am not supposed to post more than 3 pics overhere but for this time its allowed I guess LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH Robin for sending me this nail! I will sharish it for the rest of my life. *huge* hug and *mwaaahhhh*
With the nail I also received a lovely box with “beads” and I am going to try these soon and post some pics overhere. Have to thing about a design in which I can use them.
I am so happy to have viewers like Sil and I hadnt given any gifts in awhile, so I am so happy I could make her happy by doing this. My love to you Sil and thank you from my heart for all you do for me
and Joyce: (joyce is never far away either and i love her so much too so i thought i would share her link here as well) thank you both.